the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > What is it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What on earth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iminei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What on earth
    Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:32pm
Pruning back the Marsh Marigold in our pond I have discovered some jellylike substance clinging to the underside of one of the stalks nearest the water...

Not wanting to ruin the habitat of an amphibian but keen not to be providing a creche for slugs (???) I thought I'd ask you good folk for an ID....

Edited by Iminei - 20 Jun 2016 at 4:50pm
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:38pm
No photo?
Suz
Iminei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iminei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:51pm
Sorry....any better???
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 7:03pm
looks like pond snail egg capsule to me, maybe?
Iminei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iminei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 8:06pm
Do they come out of the water to lay???
There's nothing discernible inside (that I can see)...but then my eyesight has seen ...hahahahaha...better days!

Keep or chuck???
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 7:09am
oops - sorry! I thought you'd lifted the plant out of the water - could be a land snail egg capsule, though I suppose if the water level has dropped at all it could have been laid by a pond snail and then the eggs have been left high and dry-ish.
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 7:10am
...keep? to see what emerges
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic