the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Aliens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Camden Creature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 9:24am
thanks Jason, that was my thinking.  I wanted them to make the comparison between Aesculapians and species like the Little Owl and Mandarin Duck, which are generally accepted as presenting no threat to our native wildlife (though I'm not sure why they included muntjac as well - not my suggestion...)
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 6:51pm
hi will I missed it so cant say much is or have you got it on some hard drive thats available keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:03am
Hi Keith - it's on BBC iPlayer (The One Show, 11th Sept)for 28 days, but I'm afraid being a technophobe I don't know how else you could see it. The snake bit is just after the great Chrissie Hynde (about 21 minutes in)!
Caleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 9:12am
I've uploaded the relevant clip to my website at:
http://www.caudata.org/triturus/temp/aesculapians.mp4

Not had time to watch it yet, looking forward to it.

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 5:22pm
Just watched this on iPlayer (saw Caleb's post afterwards!). A balanced non-sensational presentation I thought - well done Will.
Suz
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:44pm
Thank you Suz, much appreciated Smile
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 6:51am
They're out! one of four seen a couple of days ago

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100121190@N06/26836282445/in/datetaken-public/
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 7:23am
Hi Will yet to visit the area that I am not sure of the most likely place to start but I am sure I would sus up a spot if I had the guts to visit London, what did you mean by one of four are you talking about a colony of four? But its nice to know they are surviving with all the media meddling of the past, All I have seen lately is comons lacs. keith

Edited by AGILIS - 06 May 2016 at 7:25am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:47am
Great to hear Will. I'll be paying them another visit when I get the chance.
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:14am
@ Keith - no, one of four individuals I spotted on this particular visit. I have no idea how many there are in total

@ Jason - good hunting, look forward to seeing your usual high quality photos if you do get lucky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic