the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So how many musicians do we have on Rauk?+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:24pm
I almost forget, another excuse for getting a Gretsch, as used by Poison Ivy 0f the Cramps

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:24pm
Is that piccy of you when you were younger Gemma LOL,Nice load of Guitars Liam I bought a rare old Cuban traditional Spanish classical a few year ago and the case flew open and of course it split it but it has a great low action so I kept it keith

Edited by AGILIS - 04 May 2012 at 3:26pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:07pm
@liam that's a pretty awesome guitar collection!!!

@gemma took a while to get going but as you say worth the investment.

something a little lighter but one of my all time favourites

tim
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:07pm
Hi all,

I would love to post a link to some tracks that i think are great, but I don't know how to post a link to You tube!

Liam, is that a Martin on the far left???

I can play a reasonable hotel california on my electro / acoustic and just keep myself happy strumming chords some evenings.

My fav guitarists were Stu Adamson (Skids and Big Country), obviously Joe Walsh and Don Felder and Lindsey Buckingham of the Mac.

fav solos - Emerald Thin Lizzy, Running down a dream - Tom Petty, or even tunnel of love Mark Knopfler all blood stirrers when behind the wheel.

R
RobV
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:17pm
To post a video click on the film strip Insert Movie in the full reply window (you get the full reply window by clicking on   ), and then paste the Youtube URL in the window that comes up.

I don't know if this had any influence on my love of aviation, but it is the first song I remember liking, I must have been about 2 when I first heard it, but it stuck forever:

Edited by GemmaJF - 04 May 2012 at 6:20pm
tim-f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:21pm
I've been a Purple fan since my teens, and seeing them at their first UK date after they re-formed in 1985 was just amazing.

This is them in their first incarnation early in their long and varied career, and it's certainly very different from their later material!  Pour yourself a glass of red wine, light that spliff and enjoy (or not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kbyCTPYVaU

(I wonder how Ritchie's ego coped with just the neck of his guitar and his left arm being visible throughout?)

Edited by tim-f - 04 May 2012 at 7:27pm
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:55pm

LOL Gemma and Liam.....the old fingertips.  Yes, that is one thing I recall from playing classical guitar and would have to agree that electric guitar is much more finger-tip friendly.

Liam - if you are serious about selling, am potentially interested as I would love to learn again. Just depends on how much it is, and where you are based.....PM me when you got a moment, thanks.

this is a good thread you got here now Gemma. 

Sorry i didn't post a friday "feel good pop song" earlier. Just been a bit too bogged down with work today, but will do one on Tuesday to get other rauk members in the mood to going back to work after the bank holiday weekend.

By the way....more rain forecast for Saturday so no reptile-ing for me then;
great, that means i can spend more time on here then Smile
Sadly not............

Regards
HW, SE Reptile Ecologist

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:26am
Yes weatherwise it looks like another weekend being spent churning out my versions of Villa Lobos or Rodrigios Concierto de Aranjuez to to the neighbours annoyance

Edited by AGILIS - 05 May 2012 at 5:29am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:47pm

ok guys, here is my choice for today

Working 9 to 5
, as sums up this past week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKAA2VxWY8

Regards
HW
SE Reptile Ecologist

Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 7:38pm
clicked on the arrow but i still cant see the 'film' icon Gemma!

mayday! mayday!

anyway further to your earlier Aviation-related and John Denver penned P,P+M tune, how about this un??? its in my top ten tracks ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo

hooks ya like a bramble bush, pulses like a frogs throat, poignant and thought-provoking subject matter.
yet no vocal chorus. just the same short 4 chord sequence looped throughout. kinda Bontempi Stooges.

wonderfully unusual CV for a true teen pop song by a pair of Scouse synth geeks i thought?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 58>
  Share Topic