the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Sand Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sand Lizard Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisBeynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sand Lizard Survey
    Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 6:38pm
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me by filling in my survey on Sand Lizard habitat and predation.

Many thanks in advance

Chris
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:49pm
Interesting survey Chris, but it came across as slightly unfocussed. I might have been tempted to poll opinion on the suitability of habitat types linked to an accepted habitat taxonomy (such as Phase II). The one critical thing it misses in geology. In Surrey La presence correlates 100% with certain sand substrates, regardless of flora (which of course has an effect, but near identical flora on the wrong substrate does not support La).

Predation seems a second order effect to me, once you've cracked habitat & geology.

Degree and expertise of Land Management is also a factor, but a decent HSI could inform this.

My 2p. in my eqivalent of a drive by shooting!

Cheers,

Steve
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic