the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reply Pending Approval

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Madfossa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madfossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 8:14am
Can somebody contact Rob V and ask him to empty his inbox, please.
I am unable to reply to his pm

Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:19pm
Hi Ian,

I've sifted a few now, you should be ok to try again, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers Rob
RobV
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:56pm

Chris,

just a quick question for you:

can we register as different names for each member of staff here and register to the same email address? Would be good if we could as it hard to keep track of everything otherwise. No probs if not possible.

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 2:36am
Wouldn't it be easier to just register as yourself like most of us do?

I can't see how different user names would all tie in to one email address, but over to Chris...
tim-f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 11:17am
SE,

Just a thought ...

Rather than potentially making life difficult for the admin guys, could you set up unique accounts as is normal (maybe with a common SE prefix?), and then set up rules in your staff's e-mail accounts to forward any e-mails from RAUK to a common account?

Regards,

Tim.

Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:57pm

Hi SE

Sorry for the delay in replying. Firstly, the forum requires each user to have a unique email address so it cannot be done in the way you suggest.

Tim has hit the nail on the head. If you have halfway decent hosting you should be able to have a large number of email boxes and set up email forwarding. Simply set up a number of unique email addresses (e.g. RAUK1@, RAUK2@) and then set email forwarding for them all to the single email address that you choose to use. 

All the best

Chris

Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
Testudo Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Testudo Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 11:02pm
How many posts do I have to make on this forum, before my threads/posts can be accepted straight away(rather than being approved first by Admin.).

Trust me, Im real...Im no spy...Im no machine..........I am a man, I am not a number!Big smileBig smileBig smile
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 11:19pm

Hi there

You certainly seem to be real !!  Smile

Hopefully you should be OK now

Chris

Testudo Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Testudo Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Iowarth Iowarth wrote:

Hi there

You certainly seem to be real !!  Smile

Hopefully you should be OK now

Chris

Cheers for that Chris...It looks like Im good to go nowSmile

Although, I still have my last post(on my "adder addiction" thread) pending approvalWink 
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 10:50am
Dunnit!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic