the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK logo competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAUK logo competition
    Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 11:46am

Hi All,

With the arrival of the new NARRS forum Chris has kindly offered to include RAUK as a partner in the project. I'm sure this is something all our members would be keen to see. I've filled in the form but we do not currently have a logo for RAUK to include on the NARRS website.

So can anyone come up with a design? You can see the sort of format that we would need here:

http://www.narrs.org.uk/narrspartners.htm

I have some old logos that used to be used for the site, but I would love to see a new one from a forum member. Maybe we can have some ideas posted in this thread and then a vote for the winner?

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 1:45pm
Bah...I can't do art...but I can put forward ideas if somebody can tart up any that are selected.

'Just say what you see !' :P

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2007 at 7:10am

transferring it to the site has deformed it a bit, and there's obviously some refining to do but here's my effort.

tim

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2007 at 7:54am
This is looking good! A few more and I'll set up a poll on the forum so the members can vote for the winner
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:02am
Any more contributions to this? Or do people think it is time to choose a winner?
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:47am
I'd let it run for a bit yet :P although I like Tim's logo. How about posting up the old RAUK logos you designed Gemma?
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:56am
Tim's is much better than anything I did Steve (though I think if Tim's silhouettes represented UK species it would be really spot-on - you will notice most logos avoid snakes also as most people don't like them LOL - of course just my observations - I really like the format) Shall we let it run another week then? Any comments from others?
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 10:19am
Originally posted by GemmaJF GemmaJF wrote:

Tim's is much better than anything I did.........

I like Tims logo as well. Did you post any of the older logos so we can have a look ?
Britains smallest Country Park ? - Brickfields Country Park
Soemtron
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 11:23am

Hi Mike, long time since I've seen you on the forums, hope all is well!

I've  had a dig around various old hard drives and can't find it. It was basically a piccy of Al's common frog from the ID pages with 'RAUK' written under it. Don't know if anyone remembers it?

Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by GemmaJF GemmaJF wrote:

Hi Mike, long time since I've seen you on the forums, hope all is well!  I've  had a dig around various old hard drives and can't find it. It was basically a piccy of Al's common frog from the ID pages with 'RAUK' written under it. Don't know if anyone remembers it?

All is well, have been spending a lot of time fighting a prospective development on what was part of Brickfields and that we feel should be returned to us.

Al's frog - this one ?

We are still serving lots of your content and I remembered it once wou mentioned it.

Mike.

Britains smallest Country Park ? - Brickfields Country Park
Soemtron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic