the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK Field Trip #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAUK Field Trip #2
    Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 12:57pm

Hi All,

After the great success of the first RAUK field trip (the one that wasn't associated with RAUK etc. for legal reasons). I thought I would start this thread for the next.

A few ideas were put forward at the end of the first one as to 'where next' but the decision is down to the forum members.

So far Suzi as put Studland in the picture. Some of us thought it might be nice to head towards David and Alex (if they can spare the time and want to put up with us for a day).

So any thoughts if this would be a good one (Dave don't feel obliged I just think quite a few us would like to meet up with you), dates or alternatives post them here.

arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 2:24pm
I won't suggest places but dates ok for me are:
28th April
19th May
2nd June
9th June

All Saturdays cos I can't make Sundays.

cheers, Mark
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 4:15pm
We also have Hartland put forward as a suggestion for the next trip.
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 5:22pm
Anywhere in that Dorset area is fine with me.
Suz
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 6:34pm
It would be nice to have you onboard Suzi.   So folks, what dates are ok for you? 

Mark
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 7:26pm

I can do the 2nd & 9th June

none of the other dates I am available

Jon

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
Peter Vaughan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Vaughan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:52am

I could do sunday 29 april, saturday 5 May, sunday 6 May, saturday 19 may, sunday 19 May, saturday 26 May, sunday 27 May, saturday 2 june, sunday 3 June.

Peter

Peter Vaughan
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 6:48am

Hi All

Any amateurs allowed? No extensive training, but a day with Tony Phelps (and Dan) plus a few years of wildlife photography.

BTW, as there are a lot of enthusiastic people, together, would it not be better to go to a less well visited site? All those eyes + experience might yield more than had previously been found and would mean less disturbance on an already well visited site. Still if you're going Dorset end of April I can be there.

Deano
Better to be lucky than good looking.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 7:01am

Well if I'm allowed Deano I don't see why you shouldn't be  We found part of the success of the first trip was to go to a site that would deliver, so everyone starts the day with some sightings. Though there would be scope say after a morning visit at a known good site (I need to see smooth snakes!!!) for the group or part of it to go on elsewhere in the area. This is how it worked on Saturday. One of the worse things for any trip is for people to travel a long way and see nowt and as we will start with a fairly large group you kinda need a site where the animals will be easy to locate.

Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 12:22pm

Thanks Gemma

I too want some smooth snakes (to photograph) And sand lizards would be nice.

Let me know where'n'when.

Deano
Better to be lucky than good looking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic