the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Pictures From Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Pictures From Flickr
    Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:17pm
A quick guide to posting images on the forum hosted on Flickr

In the lightbox click on the 'More ways to share' icon which is the arrow pointing out of a box

A window will open, expand the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' link

choose the BBCode option.

Copy the resulting code, then paste the code directly into the forum reply box.

You can check it is displaying correctly here on the forum by clicking the 'Preview' button, found below the post reply box. If it doesn't work in 'Preview' it will not work in the forum post! Check you copied and pasted all the code correctly if it is not working.

Check that the option 'Enable BBcodes' is ticked here on the forum, again found under the forum reply box.

You should end up with something like this: 

Here I chose the medium 800 option, it's about right for display on this forum, larger can cause odd displays etc.

When posting multiple images, use the 'return' key to add at least one blank line between each block of code. This is a good idea if posting plain text as a comment also, leave a blank line after the text before inserting code. This will improve the formatting of the post. This again can be checked and then edited using the 'Preview' button below the post reply box.

Hope that helps, if you get stuck, ask here!

Edited by GemmaJF - 19 Mar 2014 at 10:52am
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 11:18pm
DSC_2245-2 by tim pockets, on Flickr

DSC_2245-2 by tim pockets, on Flickr

that seems to work fine Smile

first is 800 second is 1024 different sizes in preview but the same when posted so may as well stick with 800 i think

Edited by Tom Omlette - 18 Mar 2014 at 11:19pm
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 7:38am
Thanks for testing Tim, now I wondered the other day if that was your account!

Those with Flickr accounts, can help promote the forum. If you don't have a website to link to, addering (sorry) www.herpetofauna.co.uk as your website will help to get some new members on the forum Wink

If you don't have a Flickr account, join up!

If you found us through Flickr, welcome aboard!

I'm off now to drop that one in my favourites Tim, and browse your piccies Big smile 
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 10:45am
Happy to promote the forum on my account Gemma, good idea!
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 10:55am
Don't forget to promote your account on the forum too Will, just drop a linked picture here Thumbs Up
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 2:42pm

female smooth snake, Purbeck, September 2013 by willjatkins, on Flickr

here's a test from me - fingers crossed.

BTW Tim - fab adder pic!
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 7:38pm
wow will! i think you've got the hand of the new equipment!!! beautiful!!!

ps you're going to tell me that was on your old camera now aren't you!!!

Edited by Tom Omlette - 19 Mar 2014 at 10:14pm
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 6:38am
Hi Tim, thanks! it was with the Nikon 105mm micro/macro but the body was a Nikon D3200 which I have sold to my oldest son who is a petrol-head and who uses it to photograph supercars in London...from the sublime to the ridiculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic