the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November Common Lizard sighting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Testudo Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November Common Lizard sighting.
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:23am
I was very surprised to see(and photograph) a young common lizard, which was basking on a log, on the 11th of November 2012. It looks like it had recently lost its tail, and that could have been a factor, as to why it had not entered into hibernation? There is a possibility that instincts told it to try to heal the damaged area first, before hibernation?
I would be interested in hearing other(more experienced) "reptile peoples" opinions/ideas, as to why this young common lizard was still out an about, on the 11/11/12?

Some photos then...

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 5:37pm
I was still seeing the slow worms in my garden up to the third week in November. Perhaps if the weather is mild this is not exceptional.
Suz
Testudo Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Testudo Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:22pm
Cheers for your comment/opinion on my "November Lizard" Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic