the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Photography
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More of the toads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More of the toads
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:44pm
Confused
lalchitri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalchitri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:47pm
How big is your pond?
Not common to find Toads in garden ponds.
I've never got them to return and breed in mine (8'*6') despite getting a couple of hundred toadlets from strings I raised in a container from another pond.
Reformed Teetotaller
Brans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 8:08pm
Hi, We have two ponds, A deeper one and a shallow one and they hold about 500 gallons each. Last year we had far fewer toads who left a huge volume of strings of eggs and they seemed to stay for a long time. This year we were inundated for about a week just a small string of eggs were laid and they have now all vanished! It doesn't look good and was very strange indeed! :( The newts however seem to be many and are very active! :)
Confused
Brans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 8:16pm
The deeper of the two ponds which they seem to prefer is about 12ft x 5ft
Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic