the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Sand Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2005 Sandies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 Sandies
    Posted: 04 Apr 2005 at 10:41pm

Sandies out in force this weekend !, would have been a nice pic, but didn't want to disturb her.

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 11:20am
Hi David ,

Before finding the Sandies out at Frensham a couple of summers ago I hadn't seen one since the seventies out at Chobham . I would have gone along with Steve saying this is a female , but since you have mentioned the differences I am now in doubt as to which is male and which is female . I see the slight yellowing that you point out and this now steers me towards thinking it's a male .
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 1:27pm

Hey guys, you are the experts not I !

I made a brash assumption as to it being female as some green was evident on many others. I'll leave the debate upto you guys, but will watch with interest.

As for size, this specimen was as big as the others which were out, all in all we saw maybe a dozen individuals, which makes it perhaps the best spotting day I've had at Frensham so far.

I don't yet have a licence so I'm not going to grab any for examination, just happy to watch, record and take the odd pic currently.

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic