the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Habitat Loss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow-worm site loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2004 at 11:11am

Robert V - I would be most interested in the details of the site in Waltham Abbey - only recently we have had a report of hundreds of Adders turning up in a graveyard across the M25 which is opposite the development that has been undertaken there. The adders were found over grave stones, and other parts of the cemetery and we had rumours that animals were being moved from the development site to the opposite road verge where the adders found themselves in a cooler environment than they were used to and so had to find warmth in the sunnier graveyard 

The Essex Amphbian & Reptile Group would also be very interested in any records you have for that area -

Regards

JC

Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2004 at 5:26pm

I agree, this site is very good and gemma is to be congratulated on a forward thinking project. i hope next year will be as good as this for sightings and that the site continues to thrive.

RobV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic