the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marbled newt and fire salamander

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marbled newt and fire salamander
    Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 11:46am
hi all , just joined the forum for some advice...
i live in normandy and in my garden i have water meter in a small concrete recess. in this hole has lived a fire salamander for about 5 years now and he seems perfectly happy but i'm not sure how he got in there and wether he can get out any more as he has grown over the years (maybe it follows the pipe) about a year ago the salamander took in a lodger it seems in the shape of a marbled newt and occasionally i see very small brownish newts or salamanders in there as well. my question is - they always appear to be in my water meter recess so it appears that they are stuck there- should i get them out and set them free or leave them there? it has a lid on so is dark 24/7. sorry for this longwinded effort but i would like to do whats best fro them , cheers sean

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic