the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Associated Fauna and Flora
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side dishes are worth sharing too

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side dishes are worth sharing too
    Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 12:14am
Hi folks,

Personally, i think here's been some great ideas for ongoing threads lately. HAD is SO popular - and interesting!
Well done all!

Just wondered if anyone fancied another sharing photo thread promoting non-herp species? EG - to (ahem) pick at random, dragonflies, birds

Just post a pic of a species you have seen and can ID - and maybe bung in some info/notes/observations/thoughts etc if you feel like it!

I'll start the ball rolling with a spring flower then.

Early purple Orchid Orchis mascula

They can grow quite tall (saw one 50cm or more in Wales once) and normally have quite deep purple blooms which remind me of Rosebay Willowherb. Shortly, these orchids will be impossible for drivers to miss at a local grassland site as legions of them will stand proud from the sward wherever you look.
The leaves are very variable in shape and degree of spottiness - oval, lanceolate, spotty, spotless.

what you seen guys?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic