the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drought 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drought 2012
    Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 1:03pm
It's just been announced on the radio that there will be a drought this year, and apparently it's not a question of if it will be, but will be a question of when and where. River levels are lower than normal, according to water companies.

will see if i can find a link to this online somewhere but just been announced on the radio.

Think this is a wake up call for everybody to save water for our widlife....including our amphibians.
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 6:29pm
Pretty obvious what do we expect moving massive populations that dont originate from this country into monster housing developments chucked up willy nilly into our once tranqual rural areas.

Edited by AGILIS - 21 Feb 2012 at 7:50am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:52pm

This is getting serious now as they have recommended that everybody either has a 5 inch bath or a 4 minute shower.

5 inch bath is no good for anyone, but forget it if you want to have a nice soak.

4 min shower - the water has only just got hot enough in our house in that time Smile

Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:23am
5 inches!! How will i clean my massive...
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 10:50am
Head? No no that sounds even worse... LOL

Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 11:09am
....belly, apologies important phone call to take
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 12:27pm
So far in Devon we seem to be unrestricted on water use. There's got to be some upside to all the rainy days we get down here.
I haven't followed this much as we aren't affected, but will it apply in the Olympic areas in London? Be great to have spent a fortune to come and watch and then find you are on water rations.
Suz
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Noodles Noodles wrote:

5 inches!! How will i clean my massive...

I know, tell me about it.

I''ve just come in from doing a night survey and really want a nice long soak in the bath. Guess that I have to look forward now to having a soak in a 5 inches of water. Used to look forward to having something nice to nibble (tea and cake) and then having a nice long soak in the bath before going to bed.  

Shame about the bathUnhappy but great night for herps. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic