the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Conservation > Habitat Loss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad Stuff Continued..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad Stuff Continued..
    Posted: 04 May 2003 at 6:55pm

Hi Folks,

Well , there really is no chance now for any wildlife left alive at that site in Pirbright.

I drove past today with my family , and what little heather you can see in the Orig' pics has been removed . It is now basicly just bare earth .

Update pics coming next week .

Alan

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2003 at 7:05pm

But!!!!! It's not all doom and Gloom, no no no. It's my son's B'day today , he's 9. He asked for his own Digital camera , and came out with me today taking pics of Slow-worms.

That's what I like to see , up and coming young herp lovers

Alan

Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2003 at 9:30pm

My 10 year old daughter is far better at spotting and finding stuff than I am nowadays. I tell her that it is because she is closer to the ground than I am! Alan I look forward to seeing some of the pictures.

Martin.

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2003 at 10:55pm

Hi Martin,

Hehe, that's a good excuse  .But I know what you mean , my daughter April has fantastic observation. She points out every little bug , spider, reptile ....

Do you mind if I ask Martin, where are you in the UK ? Is the herping good where you are?

Cheers

Alan

Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2003 at 11:26pm

Hampshire, and it's not bad I guess, other than that we seem to be taking sooooo much development. My main native interest is noots, big warty ones and I find enough to satisfy my lust for them! I just wish that we had more, active development consultants that knew these species to a better degree than that that I generally see. I don't like to continually critisize, but I do wish I had more reason not to!

Martin. 

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2003 at 12:00pm

Hi Martin,

Hey I dig nooots too, cooool animals . I've also got a big interest in toads.

Where are you in Hampshire? I'm in Ash near Aldershot , Hampshire.

Cheers,

Alan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic