the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Photography
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garden pond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garden pond
    Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 7:14pm
I have made a few remarks here about putting in a small pond last September. I thought maybe you might like to know how things are coming along. Well I have at least 6 frogs living in there (recognise 6 individuals by size) and two large toads. It's a small pond so I'm quite pleased they like it. They spend most of the day in there and then as dusk falls they come out, to hunt I guess. I was out at first light one morning and one of the toads was just hauling out of the pond and then into the flower border to hunt probably as by 9am he was back in the pond. I am trying to have only native plants and have brooklime, water forget me not, starwort and a surface pondweed I forget the name of. I have had 2 types of damselfly laying eggs and in September an emperor dragonfly possibly laid in there as well. I introduced some frogspawn from a close by pond and the taddies are now very big but legless yet. The water is still green but nothing seems to mind. Got a selection of insects as well. I see signs of visiting badgers and hedgehogs drinking there Blackbirds like to drink and bathe in it - also ate the tadpoles when smaller!
Suz
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 7:15pm
Sorry this has got into the photography section for some reason!
Suz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic