the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frog for Will

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frog for Will
    Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:12pm
Hi all

Hope you're feeling better Will and Keith.

I had a look under the old pond liner that sits on top of my compost heap earlier and in addition to the expected slow worms, i had a pleasant surprise - the red frog Will spotted in one of my previous pics. Didn't think i'd see her again so soon.

Some of the slow worms (which owing to the cool temps were rather reluctant to move). The rotting fruit certainly brings plenty of colour. Ah the beauty of decomposition!

Cheers
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:25pm
Hi Ben

ThanksSmile!  Only just saw this - a lovely frog as well as the slowwies.  I'm hoping to have the stone lasered and the stent removed on Sunday, then a week off work (well, it's not all bad I suppose...Wink)

Cheers!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:38pm
I've noticed that slowies do that tying themselves in knots when it's cold. Not the past few days though!
Suz
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:27pm
I've seen it in grass snakes and adder too Suz. Once came across an adult grass snake fully out in the open on a bank which had tied itself into an amazing knot ball. Seen young adder doing it under refuges too.

Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:06pm
lovely frog and slowies ben :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic