the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adder search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adder search
    Posted: 04 Apr 2005 at 5:15pm
is there anyone who knows enough about adders who would be prepared to travel to this area to carry out a search. A very reliable source of information has told me that adders have been spotted frequently about half a mile from where i live, and although i have been a regular visitor to the spot, i havn't been lucky enough to find anything. I know that slow worms and grass snakes are present as i have photographed these many times. Last year, I was advised by the same source of information to also search around the Iver/Langley area which is approx. 3 miles away from where i live but didnt find any there either.
*SNAKE* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SNAKE* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2005 at 10:42am

hi tony

Many thanks for your reply. I have been a frequent visitor to Black Park and Burnham Beeches over the years, mainly with the children when they were young. I live in West Drayton, which is very close to Uxbridge, Middx, and I would be very grateful if you were able to contact me the next time you visit your sister in Cippenham. I have been a reptile fanatic since childhood and although I have persistently tried to photograph them in their natural environment, have been unlucky up to now. I would be very grateful if you were able to give me some hands-on guidance as you are clearly an expert in this field. I am happy to give you my phone number as a contact if this is easier for you,

many thanks for your time

Paul 

roymcp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roymcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2005 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by *SNAKE* *SNAKE* wrote:

is there anyone who knows enough about adders who would be prepared to travel to this area to carry out a search. A very reliable source of information has told me that adders have been spotted frequently about half a mile from where i live, and although i have been a regular visitor to the spot, i havn't been lucky enough to find anything. I know that slow worms and grass snakes are present as i have photographed these many times. Last year, I was advised by the same source of information to also search around the Iver/Langley area which is approx. 3 miles away from where i live but didnt find any there either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic