the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Frog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And theyore off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And theyore off
    Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 4:39pm
Well some of my buby fwogs are leaving our pond today .

frogworlduk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogworlduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 6:11pm

nice photos.these show really good detail. what camera is it?

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 6:24pm
Hiya , and Thanks :¼)

This is the Olympus E20 , just set on macro mode .
Cheers,
Al
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 3:04pm
Have been watching the ickle froglets all day , they're leaving the pond in high numbers now. The ones now leaving the pond were the biggest tadpoles i've ever had , huge. My Brother actually said to me are you sure they're common frog tadpoles 'cause they're so big LOL!

There are two other sized tadpoles remaining , small and medium ,of which none have legs yet .

Anyone else had huge taddies this year?

Cheers,
Al

Edited by Alan Hyde
Donny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 2:01pm
Funny how you get such variation in size.  I had just two clumps of spawn this year, but I have all sizes of taddies from big fatties with well developed hind-legs to tiny little squirts.
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 11:00am
A couple more Froglet pics :¼)

The boys after a night out

A macro shot of one on a lilly pad

test View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote test Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 1:54pm
Blimey Al, they look like proper little bruisers, what have you been feeding them on! ;0)
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 2:35pm
Hehe , Hi Gemma :¼)

I fed the Tadpoles on golfish flakes throughout , seems to have done the trick ;¼)

Al
AJfr0ggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJfr0ggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 4:38pm

Ive only seen 3 in my pond, there were 1000s of tadpoles that i think were cleared by ducks. QUite a few toads though, and i saw the first with arms a few days ago!

AJfr0ggy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic