the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please can you identify

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:39am
Took the words out my mouth could be a glass snake if near a metre long but it looks like a spotty slowie to me perhaps some exaggeration in its length if reported by a amateur not used to snake and reptile sighting ?? Keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
We had a thread way back in 2008 on the  largest slow worms

Just re-reading I noted Steve had a whopper from Hindhead Common in Surrey, this is where I've seen some huge specimens too. Interestingly as well I notice a different look to the head on some of the largest males. I wondered if it is a sign of extreme age.

Regarding estimating length nearly everyone tends to be a bit over, it is only when you know that people do it, then you tend to be conservative and probably underestimate a bit. Wink

Looking at the thread I think Seaford has a new contender for largest slow worm there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic