the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Wildlife Gardening
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An Essex Wildlife Garden Update!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:01am
All looking good from my bed in A&E for kidney stones freeking pain hope to be out today Keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:59am
Oh dear Keith, sorry to hear you've been in dock. Hope you soon feel better and are fighting fit for the herping year.
Suz
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:26am
Keith - I currently have a 1cm stone in place trapped by a plastic stent awaiting removal (the stent saved my kidney/life a month ago).  I know what you're going through!!  Good luck with them.
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
Oh best wishes to you Will as well! 
Suz
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:48pm
thanks Suzi!  they say it's the worst pain a man can bear - at least with childbirth you can get all the drugs you want...
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:29pm
Oh no! Was wondering why you had both been quiet on here at the start of the season. Wishing you both Keith and Will speedy recoveries. 

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
Thanks Gemma, yes, a bit surprising when they said the stone was 'life threatening' but hopefully the temporary solution will last til the overstretched NHS can laser it out.  Hoping to put some frog stuff up here soon - numbers building up nicely in the pond after a lean year in 2017.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
Will sounds pretty scary, hopefully they will sort you out soon. Looking forward to your frog updates. 
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:42pm
Just going back over this thread looking for a picture from last year I never updated on my pondering regarding the compost and grass snake egg laying.

Temperature measurements surprised me, but found that a perfectly normal worm compost heap kept optimum stable temperatures throughout the egg incubation period. So probably no need to worry too much about complex heat producing compost for grassies. In fact it is  likely the core temperatures would be way off the scale and simple but fairly large traditional compost heap is pretty much all they need.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:37am
First clump of spawn this morning!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic