the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pesticide risk assessment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pesticide risk assessment
    Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:42pm
Picked this up from Rick's list (the forerunner of RAUK and still going strong!)

Will be interested in the development of this one after my first-hand observation of taddycide this year.
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 8:01pm
it is interesting. the worry i have is that, if a link between pesticides and the deaths of humans were demonstrated through robust research this government wouldn't care (unless they were rich and privileged humans)...are they really going to care about animals? 
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 1:43pm
I doubt it. One has to remember that a percentage of the population is born with no moral compass or compassion for others, I've always thought there is a strong link between that fact and politicians. LOL

Mervyn and I were discussing similar thoughts having seen pesticide disintegrate tadpoles, how can it be safe to  spray it around us and on our food and does anyone in authority care. Apparently not.

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:36pm
No wonder have a chest infection some twonk was walking the streets of Sudbury spraying what ever along the pavements and side of buildings,sadly I was driving and would have challenged him with asking for a safety certificate .Cant be that safe as the cretin had a face mask gloves overall and goggles

Edited by AGILIS - 18 Apr 2017 at 7:12am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:49am
On this subject (though I haven't yet read the paper / guidance), I sometimes ride my cycle (off piste!) along bridleways edging farmers fields. Last bank holiday Friday signs were posted around some fields "Do not walk into, or allow animals into the fields due to toxic residues that may be harmful"... !!!

And we're eating that sh*t.

R
RobV
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:52am
Keith,

I was in Kent yesterday near the power station and geezers in full regalia white bio suits and breathing apparatus were spraying something near one of the lakes, which I can only assume was knotweed as I wasn't going to get near them to find out!

Rob
RobV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic