the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > ARG UK - Amphibian & Reptile Groups of the UK > HWM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grass Snakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donal9911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grass Snakes
    Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 7:21pm
Hi, I am brand new to this site, I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the right place, but I am a 20 year old student with a passion for wildlife photography, and have been trying to find grass snakes, I haven't been looking very long, but I live in Chirk of North Wales, and would love to know where I might find them so if anyone can help me out, I would love you for it!!!!! Anywhere within 50 miles or so. And I can't wait to get to know all of you!!!Thank you so much!!!Would appreciate it!!!!
Alistair Don
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:05pm
Hi there
Sorry for the delay in approving your post but I have been away for few days. I am sure there are plenty of people who can help you here although they would be advised to PM you as we try not to advertise specific locations.
Chris
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 10:57pm
One of the things you could do is research their preferred habitats (Internet, books..) then think if there are any places near you that fit the bill. Grass snakes are found in a lot of the countryside, but can be hard to spot as they move off very quickly at the slightest disturbance. They do like damp, wet places - water even - but not exclusively.
Suz
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 9:33pm
Hi

Whixall Moss isn't too far away and looks great. adders and viv lizards there too.

best of luck

tom

MickB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:03pm
Hi,
I have sent you a PM about this.
Mick
PondDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PondDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 2:26pm
I don't think there are many Grass Snakes on Whixall Moss due to a shortage of breeding sites
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic