the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Durrells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Durrells
    Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 10:14pm
Almost the first words of episode two:

"Look! An agama."

Yes!

Richard
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:11pm
I am going to watch the second episode tonight. I must admit I am not looking at it as carefully as you are, but am not expert on foreign creatures to comment anyway. I did laugh at your post!
Suz
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 2:29pm
Has anyone else been watching this series? In the first episode, Gerry's first encounters with Corfu lizards featured what looked like Australian Bearded Dragons. I was working up a fine mood of indignation about this, but then remembered that there were agamas on Corfu. In some of the illustrations I found on the web, the Sling Tailed Agama, the Corfu species, does resemble the Bearded Dragon. On the other hand, I am still suspicious. The production company might well have used Beardies, simply because tame, easily filmable specimens are easily obtainable. The presence of a mealworm on one of the branches did nothing to relieve my suspicions.

Does anyone have any insights? Or you could suggest that I should get a life.

Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic