the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Pool Frog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pool Frog, Norfolk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pool Frog, Norfolk
    Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:39pm

A couple of photo's of the re-introduced Northern clad Pelophylax lessonae in Norfolk,(Photo taken 2013). They have been so successful that this year,I believe,several hundreds have now been released back in their last known site at Thompson common so hopefully they will soon become established for all to see (or more likely hear) in the future.

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:07am
Fabulous! I would love to see them one day for myself. I thought the originals were in a secret site in Suffolk (you said the photos were taken in 2013) or am I being totally stupid?
Rupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:01pm
Correct. It's surprising what you can find out. The secret site is in Norfolk and will never be disclosed by me at least. Have only now put the photo's on the forum due to the possiblities of further sightings at the second release site which is run by The Norfolk Wildlife Trust and who have announced this location on their website
Rupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm
Sorry, I don't mean correct in being totally stupid.Just bad grammar on my behalf
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:11pm
thanks!  offence duly not takenWink!
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 1:14pm
Think I will have a look on my way to Watton auction on tuesdays when the weather is a we bit warmer keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic