the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Common Lizard Identification & Sightings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 7:14pm

Hi Tony,

We let the lizard go free, and are now the proud owners of a Leopard Gecko, about 6 weeks old.  Our 2 sons have named her Lizzie.  I think we may get her a friend!

Trish
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 8:27pm

Hi Trish,

Congratulations on the new arrival! My son had a pair of leopard geckos , so if you need any tips just fire away.

Carefull on feeding mealworms , as they find them hard to break down and will regurge.

Good luck with her,

Alan

Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 8:48pm

Hi Tony,

It's good to know you know about Leopard Gecko's.  What is the correct temperature for day time?  The Reptile Centre say 82 - 84 degrees F, we have it at 82 degrees F,, Two sites I looked at say 85-95, and 85-90 degrees F.  Night time we have set at 84 Degree D like the Centre advised.

We want to be sure we get it right.

Trish
Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 8:49pm
I have just realised I adressed my last message to Tony,  Sorry Alan!!  And I meant degrees F, not D!!
Trish
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 9:15pm

Hello Trish,

No worries on the name error, after all, it was me who jumped into the thread .

A good Idea would be to vary the tempretures betwwen 85 and 90 . That way it should feel more natural. I don't 95 in nessecery. It wouldn't harm the gecko at all , but it's not a comfortable heat for them.

If you get the chance, why don't you post a pic of her on the off topic forum , I'd love to see her.

All the best,

Alan

Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2003 at 9:36pm

Alan,

Many thanks for the advice!!  Will certainly post a pic, I'll let her settle in first though, then she might strike a pose!!

Trish
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2003 at 10:33am

Trish,

I look forward to the pic, perhaps I'll try to dig out the pictures of my sons to post.

This is where it all starts , geckos today, varanids the next

Take care,

Alan

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2003 at 11:57pm

Mervyn and I sighted 5 heavily gravid Common Lizards at Dartford today; overgrown bracken site, around 7.00 PM after an extremely hot day.

Mervyn also spotted many healthy rabbits and the warren nearby, all within 50ft of an M class road. So sometimes wildlife can live with development I guess.

Chris G-O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris G-O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2005 at 7:08pm
An early sighting of an adult female common lizard today on Boscombe (Bournemouth) clifftops....and a baby wall lizard with it....photo to follow if i can work out how to do it; system seems to have changed.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2005 at 12:05am

Hi Chris, RAUK does not support picture uploads directly to the forum any more as it used too much bandwidth on the server. I can mount pictures on behalf of members, or members can use http://www.photobucket.com to mount their own pictures on the forum.

here are your early common lizards,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic