the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New book may be of interest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 5:44pm
@richard - broke my finger on sat which has given me the chance to just sit and read the book. wonderful. it had everything. laughs and tears. loved it. i have given it to my 13 year old son to read. he won't of course because he knows i like it. he's just reaching that age lol!

thanks
tim

Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:41pm
Thank you. I am delighted that you liked it.
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:58pm
Cold Blood will be BBC Radio 4's Book of the Week next week. The first of five 15-minute episodes is at 9.45 on Monday morning.

Richard
Chris Monk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 4:09pm
Hi Richard
I see that they have got the actor Robert Powell in to read it on the radio - didn't they ask you if you would like to do it.

As an appetiser to that tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 6.35am on BBC Radio 4 Living World is doing a programme on the Pygmy Boa Constrictor from the Turks and Calcos islands. If they have sorted out last weeks problems with their I-player will be able to listen at a more convenient time during the day.

Chris

Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group

www.derbyshirearg.co.uk

Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 7:00pm
They generally want an experienced actor to read the book. You have all been spared my nasal tones.
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 7:41pm
come on Richard, admit it, you were just more expensive than Robert PowellLOL
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 10:10am
just heard it now - I thought he read it pretty well!  looking forward to the future installments.
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 10:17am
Thanks. Yes - a strange feeling listening to this different voice. I suspect that like me he tried as a child to make his voice posher. Or, maybe, brilliantly, he chose for the occasion a posh voice that sounded slightly acquired.

Richard
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:40am
yes, it must be odd (in a nice way, I hope) to hear someone pretending to be you on national radio..
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 2:17pm
Still not bought my copy yet Richard - tho' i intend doing so soon. Your blend of lovingly-recalled memoir and herp natural history looks set to capture the imagination and inspire many a young reader. However, i did listen to Thurs' and Fri's Radio 4 instalments while driving and thoroughly enjoyed them.
The adder story reminded me of a friend's tale of keeping an adder in his bedroom as a boy in the early '70's. He kept the snake's identity secret from his mother - knowing she would hit the roof if she knew what it was. One day it escaped and he searched the house frantically for it while she was out, eventually locating the snake secreted behind the stair carpet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic