the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK's a Herp a day!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 195>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 12:03am
Suz
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 11:08pm
A very dim day but mild. Busy until 4.20 when I took some of the photos - the two frogs at 11pm.

Suz
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:45pm
Another dim mildish day. Frog snapped tonight just before 11pm, everything else at 3.30pm.

Suz
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:20pm
Not as much sun as promised by the forecast, in fact only very late afternoon did it appear.
Whilst clearing in the garden disturbed two 50p coin sized frogs - looked like twins  - from the same place. This was in the front garden where there is no pond (nor in neighbours' front gardens) but there are frogs. In the greenhouse disturbed a much smaller frog which was likely a last year's tadpole - but not from my pond! Naturally I had no camera to hand for these sightings and had to go out at 8pm to photograph a frog. It is probably one of the same I've photographed the past few nights and seems to surface at the same place.
The newt was under the same cover as the young slow worms.

Suz
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:22pm
I feel quite embarrassed with the frog pic as it looks so like the one from yesterday! Hand on heart the photos were taken on different days.Embarrassed
Suz
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:55pm
Dim mild day again here in East Devon. The slow worms are now under just one cover and either young of the year or sub-adults.

Suz
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 10:26am
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:56am
Gemma I do feel embarrassed about this BUT they are the only frogs I'm managing to catch on camera! I wonder what is so special about this bit of pond. I did cut down a lot of vegetation here yesterday - purple loosestrife  and a rodgersia so the water is not so hidden from view as it was. I thought it might have put them off, but no!It seems the same bits of vegetation as before are still there though.
Suz
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 12:08pm
LOL
Duke85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 12:38pm
I'm enjoying looking through the photos on this thread! Some lovely finds here. Looking forward to contributing! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 195>
  Share Topic