the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone identify this snake?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone identify this snake?
    Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:30pm
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:50pm
Looks plastic to me.
Suz
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:53pm
Really? That would be embarrassing.
Richard2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:55pm
I see what you mean, but the inside of the mouth looks real. Someone sent it to me in connection with the Chinese Year of the Snake.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
Come on guys, you are not up with your internet 'memes' (which is probably several points in your favour in my opinion lol!)

My money is that it is the same  species as 'Happy Snake' which seems to appear all over the internet

In which case, it is a leucistic texas rat snake (Well it looks like one to me)

check out link below

Shame it isn't rubber, I'd love a few of them to put under consultants ACOs...

Edited by GemmaJF - 10 Feb 2013 at 6:00pm
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:33am
its not another snake cake, is it?LOL
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 8:49am
Are these plastic etc or computer generated? The detail is pretty incredible if sculpted/cast
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Noodles Noodles wrote:

Are these plastic etc or computer generated? The detail is pretty incredible if sculpted/cast

eeer no they are real animals!

Here is a link to the actual picture posted by Richard

Identifying the animal as a Leucistic specimen of Elaphe obsoleta Lindheimeri - Or Texas Rat Snake to me

Here is a more normal looking specimen - the posture is the standard defense posture for the species, the surreal look of the ones above is selective breeding Wink

Edited by GemmaJF - 11 Feb 2013 at 11:02am
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 11:13am
And while I'm here, here is one of Will's snake cake

Which might appear to be a Amelanistic Burmese Python at first glance, but is actually, well, a  cake. LOL

Edited by GemmaJF - 11 Feb 2013 at 11:17am
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:08pm
Oh i get you. I thought the whole thing was a wind up. Is that really a cake snake or a real snake, i'm confused now? It'll be the year of the rat if the Aesculapian Annihilation Committee has its way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic