the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Palmate Newt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Rocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 8:43pm
Bleedin' heck!

thats exactly what Kevb said when i told him about it!
and to think i considered going back indoors for the camera and dismissed the idea, thinking my sighting wasnt that special!

it wasnt in a town but in a small copse in the grounds of a country hotel near Bury SE.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 9:08pm
It's all special Ben, but your eye witness account is fascinating in itself. Shame about the picture as that would have been nice, but it happens to us all.

Go drink a couple of pints of Abbot Ale down at the Nutshell in Bury St Eds, then you'lll feel better about it! Wink
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 10:07pm
been there, done EXACTLY that already x3 (visits that is, not pints per visit!)

what a perfect pub the smallest pub in Britain is! you cant go in there and not talk to strangers - its impossible/fabulous.

the Bury people, ive spent time with so far, have been so friendly and welcoming.
i had a whale in the Nutshell.
[<:o)]

previously sampled the first of these herpy real ales bottled but still trying to track all 3 down on draught!

"Baldrick, have you been eating dung again?":

The Puritan's purely theoretical tipple:

i previously commented on the forum that there werent any Essex breweries.
WRONG AGAIN RIGSBY!
theyve won awards!

from Mauldon to MALDON:

never sampled any of those either.

local (to me) recommended breweries:

Wickwar
Bath

hard to beat!
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 11:10am
What interesting observations Ben, i particularly liked the golden newt and the Nutshell pub..................................oh and your GCN encounter was alright i suppose LOL  
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 6:22pm

getting back to your original post about nocturnal 'basking', i had a scoot around the garden last night @ around 1100 and saw 15 frogs.
some in the pond, some hunting and others peering out cautiously from refugia.

having taken a few shots i headed back home, then, beneath the moonlit sky, i picked out this animal with my torch.

amateur astrologist or did it spot a UFO?
:

Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 10:34am
So they still stare at planes in your neck of the woods do they Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic