the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Grass Snake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1000th post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1000th post
    Posted: 25 May 2012 at 6:40am
perhaps they're being translocated to a disused airfield in Wiltshire, after all, that's the best habitat for reptiles in the UK Wink
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:41pm
Well we cant have feral venomous snakes roaming the forests and heaths of England can we for Health & Safety sake. keith

Edited by AGILIS - 24 May 2012 at 5:45pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:26pm
I found a plastic box (broken) with vent holes in the top.

You know the sort - in reptile shops they keep the juvs in temporary boxes.

R
RobV
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:21pm
That's weird Will, I just posted the same thing on the Allerthorpe thread!

Keith,

I heard a rumour (as you do) that part and parcel of the strimming was collecting up all the herps found and exporting.... To who knows where!!??

And I've mentioned to Gemma before certain other rumours about Herps being "collected" in EF and I'm sure now there's something behind it.

I don't think its a cull, more like a hush hush translocation.

R
RobV
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:22pm
...a bit like giving gamekeepers the power to destroy buzzard nests to protect non native (and reptile-killing) pheasants, maybe?
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:41am
Heres a bit a thought they rounded up all the EF fallow deer years ago from the forest to let it be taken over by non native deer.perhaps a snake cull is on the cards so the can give a home to pythons and homeless corn snakes?. keith
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:35am
You have my sympathy on all this EF or should I say Effing forest management Rob its heart breaking to see these idiots playing about with the nature of the area to suit their own little world of how the public should perceive wildlife, Sadly due age and finances I would disapear back into the bush just as Tony has done. keith

Edited by AGILIS - 24 May 2012 at 11:36am
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:14pm
Now there's an idea!

But the only venomous snakes I have handled aside from the odd Adder are Taiwan Beauty snakes and American water snake - not exactly Cape Cobras!

Hope things are good out there, did you have anymore trouble with the bite area?

R
RobV
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:18pm
Hope you are well Tony.
Suz
Fynbos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fynbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:05pm
Room to move out here Rob!!!
I get mu kicks on route 62
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic