the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So how many musicians do we have on Rauk?+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 9:46pm
Thing was it wasn't like I was a fawning fan, met him through mutual friends at a Cramps gig. Whilst the friends were at the bar getting the drinks in, I attempted to start a conversation with him... Wish I hadn't bothered lol. 

Still Lux put on his usual amazing performance which included a most unusual act with a wine bottle, so meeting Mr Ego Cave didn't really spoil my evening too much. It did kind of put me off listening to his music though afterwards! Good job Blixa Bargeld was always more interesting to look at anyway, so at future Bad Seeds live gigs I just stared at Blixa from start to finish ignoring Cave releasing his bats in the background.

New Model Army, Small Town England, one of my anthems for life!
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 9:18pm
Hey Gemma (and everyone), did you hear about the extraordinary gig taking place at Plymouth University tomorrow?
Scientist-composer Prof Eduardo Miranda will be duetting with a new musical talent: Physarum polycephalum, a species of Slime Mould!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31655846
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 8:30am
Wow Ben, that's two of your interests brought together in a very unexpected way! Wink

Perhaps you should search for the first punk mushroom  LOL

Whilst here still busy plucking the strings, I just bought a twin neck guitar which is a lot of fun and very Jimmy Page. One of my more recent efforts, still a work in progress but getting to be OK:

Ben W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 11:43am
Hi been following the site for a few years with the odd Adder related post but had missed this thread.

Play in a band myself, have done for years in very local rock/folk/even punk(ish) outfits. Link below to the facebookpage for current band Suffering Fools, some of our own stuff on there and some covers.

I'm a drummer so hesitate to describe myself as a musician.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suffering-Fools/121582487906295

Ben
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 12:22pm
I've never played a twin neck, and they look rather unwieldy for striking a convincing rock pose!!

Is it a 6 string and a 12 or a 6 string and bass?
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 3:28pm
6 string and 12 string, I thought it would be quite awkward both because of the layout and the 12 strings. It really isn't though, I took to the 12 strings immediately and it's surprisingly comfortable to play both of the necks standing and sitting.

Here's my guitar hero striking a fairly convincing rock pose with a twin neck. Wink

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 3:32pm
Thanks for the link Ben W, sounding good, Blondie Cover was great, one of my absolute favourite bands. Smile
Ben W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:41pm
Thanks very much Gemma very kind of you. Those double necks are notoriously heavy, I remember Rush when in their heyday Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson both played twin necks.
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 7:56pm
that's quite some progress there gemma, sounding amazing. Ben w, had a quick look through the site, very impressive!

tom
Ben W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm
Thanks Tom, I agree an accomplished bit of Page from Gemma.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758>
  Share Topic