the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off-Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So how many musicians do we have on Rauk?+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 58>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:45pm
Hmmm still quiet, a chance to get well and truly Zepped.....

Been learning Black Country Woman on the acoustic during breaks from the Black Dog solo, now have a crucified little finger Unhappy

Edited by GemmaJF - 26 Mar 2013 at 10:45pm
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 8:10pm
Hmmm still very quiet, if this doesn't move someone...

... then I'm right, music is dead and I'm best of living in the past with it LOL 

tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 6:56pm
yes very nice, and livens up at just the right time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvU8BWHVZU

tim

Edited by tim hamlett - 28 Mar 2013 at 6:56pm
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 1:45am
Time for a trip to the Delta

Edited by GemmaJF - 29 Mar 2013 at 1:47am
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:53pm
supported Stiff Little Fingers the other night - had a fab time as both player and punter.

Look at that. a typical loony herper :

ought to be locked up.

well im with totally with you on fave films (Deliverance, Alien), herps (the 'common' species) and some music (Doors) Gemma but LZ dont sink my boat, sorry.
well done on the guitar progress tho, but keep at the own-material creativity - thats where its at (IMHO).

remember this 80s track? HF did so well to smuggle this 'contraband' past the censors and onto the daytime playlist.
and you dont get many chart lyrics that marry Carry On smut ("i know a trick we ought to try, turn right over youll know why") to J'accuse ("he knows whats right and he knows that God is with him cos hes white" - a reference to JWs alleged racism) do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNq7Ejt7BpI
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 12:24pm
Remember it well Ben, made me think of this

Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:22pm
track, still relevant lyric. maybe Cameron should use it in an advertising campaign to try and lure more kids away from keypads and into the wonderful, wide blue yonder.

i see the connection (between HF and BWW) myself.
but im unsure about the first use of Burundi beats in 80s pop - was it BWW or Adam Ant?
chicken or egg? key orchestrator Malcolm McLaren ran with both the hare and the hounds there didnt he?
whatever!
assuming Anabella meant actual "snakes in the grass" (rather than idiomatic ones), i only hope she realises that despite being "absolutely free", these are shy animals in trouble and more deserved of our help than our "hunting and fishing"!    

if there was a musical genre called "Conservationist Rock" then my next suggestion would surely be a foundation stone of it - like the Stooges are to Punk and Goth.
it was written in 1968! Rachel Carson (5 years previous) echoes right though this catchy ditty eh?
just like GWITC, BYT is more apposite presently than ever. from our point of view, i cant think of any other song id rather promote right now.
suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMEPk6fvpg

Edited by ben rigsby - 05 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:55pm
Great choice Ben love Joni Mitchell, great voice, clever lyrics and great performer too.

Yep it seemed the Burundi beat might have been fed by McLaren to both BWW and Adam Ant, in the sense that material was provided to the then musicians of Adam & The Ants, who went on to perform as Bow Wow Wow, Adam Ant however had access to the material too. As it was though whatever the truth behind who pinched it from who, it worked well in pop songs.

Can't move on without some Adam & The Ants  Wink

Must have had some of the Ants earlier in the thread, but who cares eh Smile

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:59pm
Another band that just came to mind from where we are at the moment:

Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:11pm
wow. Rubella Ballet! im a fan too . at the time, while their peers were moping up a cul-de-sac in the grey Thatcherite climate, they kicked their way out with their refreshing infantile artwork and solar haberdashery - yet mature lyrics - eh?

following on from "Money Talks", instead of a tune, how about a poetic quote then?

"Theres enough for all our need, but not for all our greed"
'Mahatma' Ghandi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 58>
  Share Topic