the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Great Crested Newt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting pigmentation or lack of..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting pigmentation or lack of..
    Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 9:24am
P.S. Where did you get the foam for your mander masher? It looks like the old stuff you used to pull out of 'sofas' in the dentist's waiting room. Benson Beds were once giving away free samples of memory foam so i helped myself to a few free samples; my masher now works a treat.
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 10:36pm
Wow, not seen one like that before.  Once found a GCN in Cumbria with a few grey-green blotches on the back, the coloration was nowhere near as extensive as in that animal.  Good one!
BB
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 2:45pm
Good lad Beer
B Lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:58pm
LOL! I will try and dig that out.. forgot about that, but also need to write a note in the bulletin about it as well I guess.. Watch this space.. :-) 

Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:54pm
Nice, seems to have a touch of albinism/amelanism.

Now send us a pic of the craw eating the bleedin' serpent!
B Lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 12:00pm
Was checking back through some of my old Great crested newt belly pattern images today and I forgot this little lady that I photographed back in 2005. She lacks quite a bit of the yellow pigment that would normally cover her belly and flanks.. I did find her again some time afterwards to, so she is doing quite well.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic