the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > ARG UK - Amphibian & Reptile Groups of the UK > ARG UK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South East & London Regional meeting 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South East & London Regional meeting 2011
    Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:35am
Hi Everyone

the Regional Meeting in the South East & London is being hosted by KRAG this year - the meeting will be showcasing a regional round up from the local ARGs plus an Adder Conservation Symposium 

KRAG Flyer for more information on the ARG UK website http://www.arguk.org
Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 12:38pm
Jon will you be going? I've just posted off my form, so if you are, perhaps a good time to hand over any paper records for Essex and have a chat.

Anyone else going from the forum? I'm certainly looking forward to Steve's (Vicar's) contribution already.

Direct download of the booking form below:

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:34am
Thanks for the PM Jon, couldn't reply because your 'in-box' is full, but I'll look forward to seeing your Dad at the meeting, been a while since we met up!
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 7:47pm

thanks for this info

Does anyone know if it is poss to go for just half the day ie; the morning?

Asking as I know the whole team are really flat out at the moment until mid-Oct, And we have got a lot of habitat management work to do on reptile receptor sites in November/December. I know it's to be held at a weekend, but we tend to work weekends, if we have a lot of work on.

Looks like a very interesting meeting though, esp as i work on adder monitoring projects, as do other members of the team.

Would be nice to see Jon again too (and others from ARC/Froglife too). Smile

Of course, that is my main reason for going SmileSmile to these meetings these days Smile

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 9:52pm
They only usually lock the doors I believe if Chris GO mentions bones, otherwise it should be fine to escape at lunch time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by GemmaJF GemmaJF wrote:

They only usually lock the doors I believe if Chris GO mentions bones, otherwise it should be fine to escape at lunch time.

Thanks for this Gemma.

Think I will probably give this one a miss as I can't guarantee that I'm going to be free, and don't want to take up a booking and then have to cancel at the last moment.  We are all flat out at the moment and we've got a lot of habitat management work to do on a number of reptile receptor sites in November and December, so going to be pretty busy.

Thanks anyway.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:38pm
If you need any help my rates are currently very reasonable Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by GemmaJF GemmaJF wrote:

If you need any help my rates are currently very reasonable Wink

Thanks Gemma

I'd really appreciate that, thanks Smile

Could really do with some help, esp on some reptile mitigation projects next April.

Would it be ok if I PM you a bit later in the week?
Thanks again.

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 10:18am
Yep a PM is fine. 
JStroud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JStroud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:08am
I am incredibly looking forward to the day, especially some of the other speakers. Really interested to hear about Steve's metapopulation views. A great credit to KRAG for organising such an event
Regards, James Stroud
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic