the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Smooth Newt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

albino smooth newt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 11:42am
excellent stuff
JamesM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 12:28pm

That is interesting.

I didn't think Albinism occured in Amphibians!

kithara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kithara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 9:50am
thats ideed very interesting... rarely you see albino wc animals 
kit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 12:17pm
cool pic i have never seen a albino one before!!!
kit
sablemole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sablemole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:02pm
We have an albino smooth newt in our pond this year. She appears to be laying eggs so the results will be interesting.
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 9:02pm
I thought I'd resurect this old thread.

I went round to visit a lady in Kent who has the leucistic Smooth Newts in her pond. Unfortunately I was unable to find them today. She has a fairly large pond (12ft x 12ft) that's 5ft deep with about 12" of substrate at the bottom. The pond's full of Common Frogs with thousands of  tadpoles, and anywhere between 50-100+ Smooth Newts. She has taken photos of two leucistic specimens in her pond but I failed to find them today in the depths of the water. She's going to catch one and give me a call if either of the leucistic specimens surface again.

">
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:11am
wow! Looking forward to some professional tank-based photos of these beauties.
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 3:51pm
I just hope they turn up again. Maybe being albino / leucistic they don't like all the hot sunny weather we've had? Maybe tomorrow's predicted rain will bring them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic