the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Natterjack Toad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken down and toad away?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken down and toad away?
    Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 7:11pm
just a suggestion but how about a New Topic Natterjack Toad posting in 2011 please members?
since nothing at all in 2010.

ben
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 9:41am

Hi Ben,

Looking forward to another year of monitoring the ponds allocated to me in Cumbria I’ll ensure that I update members on the trials and tribulations of the season to come.

So far I’ve been dusting of and cleaning/disinfecting all my gear in preparation, and trying to persuade my good lady to buy me a good spotlight (98% there) 

Edited by Dave1812 - 13 Apr 2011 at 6:05am
David Hind

D&G ARG
ARC - Natterjack Toad Monitor
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 6:21am

Well I managed to get my spotting lamp, and the ponds that I monitor have been attracting toads in pleasing numbers, but no strings as yet.  

I’m hopeful of another good year though time will tell.
David Hind

D&G ARG
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 4:49pm
nice one dave.

look forward to seeing some pics?
last time i saw Natterjack it was in France. believe it or not, on "wasteland" near an airport!

cheers, ben
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 9:04am
Its been a few weeks since my last o
post on our warty wonders - so here is the latest.
I have had a total of 14 strings, 5 have merged into tadpoles.

Note: I would post some pics but unsure of changing the size!!Cry

David Hind

D&G ARG
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:11am

We are now need rain and even more rain, or the vast majority of the tadpoles will die as the water is evaporating at a tremendous rate.  Unhappy

David Hind

D&G ARG
Dave1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:45am
Too late, the pond dried up - with the loss of all remaining strings and tadpoles.
David Hind

D&G ARG
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:32pm

Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:41pm
really sorry to hear that dave.
Caleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:25am
The optimistic way of looking at it is that it will provide extra food for next year's tadpoles... I've been told that this can make a real difference in the very nutrient-poor pools that natterjacks use.

Dave- I'd like to see the photos too, what problem are you having with resizing? If you're on Windows, you've almost certainly got MS Paint, which should be able to do it for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic