the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Frog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can frogs jump out of buckets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can frogs jump out of buckets?
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:19pm

I got 8 last night and some of the big ones were leaping up trying to get out and I was worried that I was gonna lose one. Have any experienced frog-catchers had escapee ones on their frogging rounds before? IÆm not all that used to handling large frogs, where I go frogging I get loads of toads and the odd frog is a rare treat. Usually the frogs come out first and I miss them and there ainÆt many near me anyway, in a few days I reckon I wonÆt be seeing them anymore but IÆll be bound to find a few more tonight. IÆve a normal sized bucket BTW, here it is...

ibwaheemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibwaheemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 2:35am
cant you find anything else to feed your piranha
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:13pm

I would never feed my toads to any animal or any one!

Edited by Baby Sue
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm

NobodyÆs answered my question.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 11:46am

& they still havenÆt.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:43pm

IÆm getting worried about my bucket actually. Like a fool I left a load of water in it in that cold spell and it froze solid and expanded the bucket so that the bottom went out like a football. In desperation to stop it from splitting if it got worse I spent ages chiseling it out (found itÆd have been easier to just bring it indoors and put it upside down in the sink cos I did with the remaining hard-to-shift stuff and it fell out with one almighty wallop after about 10 minutes.) ItÆs contracted a bit more but itÆs still rounded underneath and doesnÆt sit on the floor straight and wobbles around. IÆm thinking that when it comes to frogging time and IÆm using it the frogs might make it tip cos theyÆre always moving around trying to escape and climb out. There might be a tragedy if my bucket tips when IÆve got my back turned and they all rush onto the road. IÆve tried standing on the bottom to push it back in but it flips out with a snapping noise every time, I canÆt get it flat no more. Hope itÆll do me and active frogs and toads donÆt tip it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic