the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Grass Snake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st sighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st sighting
    Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 2:59pm

Hi to all

Was out shooting rabbits to help with the local crop peservation 2 days ago,sitting quietly in my hide i became aware of a movement in the hedgerow, on closer inspection i was amazed and priveliged to see my first ever sighting of Natrix Natrix, as i have come to know them, with googles assistance.

Facinated and captivated am now officially addicted, looking back and with internet help I now realise i was witnessing a mating with 2 males in attendance, the area i was in (which may be of interest to you) is on the south border of Northamptonshire with Leicestershire.

I am definitely going to take a camera with me on my excursions in future.

Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 3:49pm

Once you're hooked you'll never wriggle free - be warned!!

You were lucky to have such a sighting.

Suz
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 4:23pm
Hi Crowbuster

Have a look at the thread called 'grass snakes mating in September' - you were lucky indeed - autumn matings in grass snakes are / were a rarity !

Cheers

Will
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic