the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAUK field trip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 8:21am
NARRS training at Lightwater on 21st April is both Reptile & Amphibian, but I can't be trusted to do the latter as I'm amphibiously-challenged. Luckily, Julia is not.

Link
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
st rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 9:53am

Hi Steve/Jon

I'm down for the Training Day on April 21st but would also like to come on the field trip on the 7th. 

At the moment I'm herpetologically-challenged in terms of the scientific method of field research, but would appreciate the experience of getting to Lightwater and helping any way I can.  I've realised it's one of the closest heaths to where I live in W. London and am planning on making a visit very soon anyway and could do with a few pointers.  In the past, I used to press on down to Thursley where I had some limited success in locating reptiles.  Unfortunately, most of the spots at Thursley are no longer, as we all know.   Lightwater/Chobham is much more accessible.

If, however, Steve/Jon feel this is a case of carts before horses, I'm willing to hold off 'til the 22nd.

Cheers

Rick

Paul Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 4:35am

Hi folks,

Assuming this is still on for Saturday IÆm up for this.

ItÆs quite a long drive for me and IÆm terrible at finding places û but IÆve got a Tom Tom now though so I normally get there in the end As far as I can work out I need to head for postcode GU18 5RG(?). Does this sound about right? Also, can someone tell me how to find the ôsecond car parkö as knowing my luck I could be 500 yards away and never get there!

Thanks

Paul

PS What's the car park security like?

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 8:48am
Paul,

that postcode looks OK, should put you on 'the avenue', just stick on that road, and I believe it becomes the entrance to the LCP car parks.

I don't think the car parks have any security, but its not that bad an area...at least, not compared with where I come from :P

What time were we meeting on the 7th ?
Steve Langham - Chairman    
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 11:39am
I think the meeting time is 9am at the carpark though of course we'll probably hang around for 15 mins or so for any late comers.   I've been stuffed on Nights this week at work. 

At the moment I'm not working Friday night and hopefully this won't change so I can have a good nights kip and get up early.

Mark
Paul Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 2:27am
Thanks guys - see you at 9
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 3:02am

Hi steve

are you around on Friday? we can have a real good go at finding the reptiles at Lightwater before the field trip?

Jon

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 10:33am

No problem I will do that

any photos?

Jon

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 12:59pm
Cheers Tony. Pm received. 
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 5:40pm

Hi there Steve

could you forward that message from Tony to me aswell please

Jon

PS I will be up there this Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic