the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viviparous lizard photographs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viviparous lizard photographs
    Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:42am

The viviparous lizards were out in force in the garden today after the rainy weather. This is a newbie, seen for the first time today. It very obligingly let me get some close-ups.

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 1:03pm
Suuuperb!!! Nice shot gemma Is thart there a Tick I see on his elbow ?

Edited by Alan Hyde
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:37pm

Hi Al, I think it's a tick, it shows up better I think on the original image below. This was taken in-situ, for some reason it just seemed 'interested' in me taking the photographs, the lovely expression was a reaction to the shutter from the previous shot  It didn't scoot off until I attempted to move the annoying bit of vegetation to get a full body shot.

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:51pm
Hmmmm, I photographed a Female adder yesterday that reacted in a similar fashion. She remained completely passive and kept on lifting her head towards my lens .

Have you seen any Bubys in your garden yet?
Al

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 4:26pm
no buby vivi lizards, adults and one sub-adult, and they don't seem to be around all the time, even when conditions are ideal. I was really hoping that we would get a nice fat gravid female 'pop' in the garden so that we could could call it a 'colony'. Still, there is time yet and we have a couple of slow-worms that look very very gravid, who knows there may even be some grassy eggs in the compost heap this year 
Danial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2005 at 6:45pm
Here is a lizard from the Scottish Highlands.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 5:23pm

And a female from today,

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 6:30pm

Thursley one.....

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Peter Vaughan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Vaughan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2005 at 6:20pm

My first sighting of a new-born Common Lizard this summer was on Saturday 6 August at a local wet heathland reserve in North Hampshire.  It was basking on a pile of old birch logs (on which I've also frequently seen Grass Snakes). Picture attached.

Edited by GemmaJF
Peter Vaughan
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2006 at 11:57am

Well, they're out in force at Thursley today, not upto summer numbers yet, but a strong start for this time of the year .

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic