the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Aliens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dissertation on Alpine Newts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkidui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dissertation on Alpine Newts
    Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:26pm
Hi,

I am currently creating my dissertation for my final year and have decided to research a local population of Alpine newts. I am working with a group of people on this population and i have decided to concentrate my study on habitat preferences. 

I am wondering if anyone knows of any other populations around the UK and if so what sort of habitats they have been found in? Garden ponds, public pond, urban, rural, shaded, near roads, population size, location etc. Basically I am looking for any information you may have, Im not fussy!

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tikkidui - 27 Jul 2012 at 2:47pm
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:28am
I know of a population in Shropshire, if you don't already. I'd contact the local Shropshire ARC group for access, location etc. if required.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic