the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Sand Lizard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August Heather in bloom in Purbeck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August Heather in bloom in Purbeck
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 8:27pm
Hi another look at the Purbeck sights ,heather all out in bloom real beautiful But LA were a bit thin on the ground see a few males but to quick for a shot and starting to degreen, but see a few fems to snap and the weather was not up to much for late afternoon sightings.. Keith

Edited by AGILIS - 15 Aug 2011 at 9:51pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:47pm
lovely pics keith.

tim
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:22pm
Lovely pix.
One drunken New Years Eve me and my friends (40 years ago!). Climbed over the gates/fences and larked about on the ruins of Corfe Castle. It was dangerous but fun.
Kids don't do this yourselves kind of warning here!
Suz
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:41pm
Hey Suzy,

if you want to avoid the entrance fee, theres a secret way into the castle up some "stepping stones" that were deliberately left jutting out by the builders. You can simply step up and over the ramparts!!LOL

Great pics of heather Keith, wished I could get down there, it looks inviting.

R
RobV
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
Thanks for telling me Rob!

Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:35pm
Cheers Rob never see any nats Do you reckon the smoothies have eaten them as they were prolific, See you would like to get down there , prob is it cost me a fortune in diesel , but had my best ever life time C.A> sightings this years keith

Edited by AGILIS - 17 Aug 2011 at 3:37pm
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 4:23pm
Money well spent I would say Keith. 
Suz
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:18am
Suz donations will be accepted LOL yes your right at least it was used in doing what I like to do amid the wonderful heaths pity I do not live nearer these days.
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 5:40pm
Hi Keith, I just think some bad years for Natrix, numbers have dwindled all round, must be a virus or something, hopefully they'll pick up next year as it has been a great year for froglets/toadlets this year. Yes, living in Dorset would be good, but you're right, driving down there costs a fortune!

And Suze, if you are parked in the car park near the bridge opposite the castle, imagine you would look up at the castle from the gift shop, that's the side where the stepping stones are. There's a really narrow path running around the baase of the ramparts perimeter wall, you should find it if you look ahrd enough.

R
RobV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic