the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a few pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a few pics
    Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:36pm
only managed two outings so far this spring but plenty of reptiles around.

tim :)

chubsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:39pm
lovely pictures, particularly the second one, the focus on the head is great composition. i still don't understand how people manage to get such great shots when whenever we try they are off like a rocket!
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:46pm
thanks. i suspect most forum members will have already spotted that shot number two isn't in situ. i do have a few good in situ shots of grassies but not many...as you say, they are usually off like rockets! 

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:42pm
Ha! yep, I love the composition in the grassy shot, it is a great image, but I did immediately think it had been 'posed' . Wink Great shots Tim, I should make an effort to get out and about more, I bought a lot of new camera equipment for aviation photography last year, it is very suited to wildlife photography too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:28am
i have seen your aviation pics on flickr. one was absolutely stunning. 

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 3:26pm
I have thousands more, I should go through them and pick the best for Flickr. 

I was posting them to Facebook, having amassed the maximum following of 'friends' I became so disillusioned with the whole experience I pulled the plugs lol. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:16pm
i think the worst thing about Facebook is that it has made me so, so lazy. if i can't just click a 'like' button i can't be arsed responding to posts! there have been loads of posts on here over the past year where people have done something really interesting and taken the time to share it and i've read the post, instinctively gone to click the like button, realised it's not there then not bothered responding! it's awful really and i wholeheartedly apologise to everyone for my laziness. 
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:44pm
Shame on you Tim! 

It is a good point though, some forums are adding 'like buttons' so people can like posts. We can all get conditioned into the same habit I think. I was coming on here for months and saying absolutely nothing at all when I was using Facebook. We get so use to the like button we feel lost without it!

Edited by GemmaJF - 10 Apr 2017 at 5:44pm
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:08am
Hi Tim nice pics are you using a drone? Lol keith

Edited by AGILIS - 12 Apr 2017 at 8:09am
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
Iowarth View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:10am
Hi everyone

Further to comments made re Farcebook, may I remind you all that the forum does have Like & Share buttons for Farcebook and other social media thingies! (See the bottom of a topic immediately above the Quick Reply panel).
While we seem to be rather small and, of course, select band nowadays, perhaps using those will attract more people in any event.

Chris
Chris Davis, Site Administrator

Co-ordinator, Sand Lizard Captive Breeding Programme (RETIRED)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic