the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 must be the worst year ever for news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 must be the worst year ever for news
    Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:32pm
Well I think this must be the worst year ever on this site for reports and pics alike even Ben has not cheered us up with his regular contributions whats happened? I have posted a old pic of one of my sloworm pics giving tongue to assure people they still exist keith

Edited by AGILIS - 30 Jun 2013 at 2:39pm
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:40pm
I was just thinking the same thing Keith, weather is OK now but nothing much being posted at all.

Been an odd one though for me, the poor start to the survey year had be getting involved in other things and herps just have not been a priority since this year.

Edited by GemmaJF - 30 Jun 2013 at 2:41pm
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 9:02pm
gonna try to get some grassie pics tomorrow or tuesday so will post anything worthy.

tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:57am
checked out a new spot and saw 20 in an hour and a half Smile

no in-situ shots but heres some of a little bootlace:

tim
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:24pm
lovely Tim - that sounds like a real grassy hot spot so hopefully protected from development and other threats!  Let's be optimistic Keith, although I know it's hard.  Maybe we'll have a decent summer and sand lizard eggs will actually get a chance to hatch this year.  It's interesting how every cloud has a silver lining - for example, some of my GCN ponds have now recruited good numbers of metamorphs for the last three years because of the rain, and heath fires are something we don't seem to hear much about nowSmile
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 12:48pm
Well don Tim seen more then me all this year.. And Will lets hope the sun keeps shining on those La spots at least you have had a good year reporting Keith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:18pm
funnily enough will its in an urban area that has undergone substantial development recently. it may be that they are so visible at the moment because large numbers are now sharing decreasing suitable habitat. will keep an eye on it now though.

tim
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:34pm
I hope you find that your hunch is wrong, Tim, but you could well be right - I remember that there was a paper in the 70's which suggested smooth snakes did well in small patches of heath in pine plantations, but it was only an artefact of the longevity of adult snakes and the fact that they had all been forced to cluster together in what little suitable habitat remained.

On another note, I see that 6 million quidsworth of damage has been done by a Chinese lantern to a warehouse, so maybe they'll finally get banned before a block of heathland goes up in flames - keep smiling!
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:18pm
Hi Will I agree about rogue Chinese lanterns infesting the sky where is the health and safety dept brigade on this one???? Aso I believe the Japs during ww2 sent thousands some sort chinese lantern typ balloons into the jet stream with incenderies hoping for them to fall on the USA ,well these lantern have the same effect random fallings on heaths farmland towns keith

Edited by AGILIS - 02 Jul 2013 at 7:32am
kevinb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 5:52pm
With regards it being a poor year with few posts, I thought people would be interested in my recent herping trip to Spain, I posted some pics of the species seen and a link to the full report but only got one reply, makes me wonder if it's worth posting my trips.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic