the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Common Lizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeniferG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Common Lizard
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:11am
Morning i,m new on the site but over the last 4 years i,ve been watching the little guys in my veg plot.
About 2 years ago i got a bit more land at the back of the plot very over grown .now i,m clearing it, and i,ve started to find all sorts of things.
I have horses so i bring the dung up to the plot, put down card board to stop the weeds add dung on top ,then cover with black  plastic. so all winter the new land was under attack from me (lol).
removed platic worms have worked well dung well rotted and there they were Lizards and a few slow worms..all happy fat and warm , returned the covering, now i need to make a new home for them the have a bank a hedge and some old pots which they seem to like.oh a hole as well what should i do to help them more
jennyTongue
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
Welcome to the site Jenny Tongue

It would be great if you could make a haven for them around the hedge, so long as there are twisted piles of brush, dead vegetation and logs, I'm sure they'll be ok.

R
RobV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic